A limited mindset holds you back from experiencing the life you deserve.
That’s why it is important to improve your self-awareness. Here, I show you 9 signs that you have a limited mindset.
But before that, let’s first look at the definition of mindset and a limited and limitless mindset, then we’ll look at identifying limiting beliefs.
Mindset is a collection of your thoughts, assumptions, beliefs, and attitudes that you hold about yourself and the world around you. This collection tells you what you are able of and what is possible for you.
Limited Mindset Meaning
A limited mindset is a belief that limits what you can accomplish in your life. It holds you back from achieving your greatest potential.
You may consciously hold a limited belief, or it may deeply root in your subconscious mind.
Limitless Mindset Meaning
A limitless mindset is an attitude of endless possibilities in different aspects of your life. A person with a limitless mindset can think outside of the box and seek growth.
9 Signs You Have a Limited Mindset
These signs show that you have a limiting mindset, a set of limiting beliefs that prevent you from reaching your highest potential.
1 – You keep saying I CANNOT.
You continuously in different situations, say:
- This is impossible.
- This doesn’t work for me.
- I can’t do it because … (an excuse).
- I don’t have enough time to do it.
If you find yourself telling these sentences, your mindset is limited.
Such sentences are based on limiting beliefs that you hold.
2 – You have low self-esteem & you place limits on yourself.
You believe there are limitations on what you can accomplish in your life.
Low self-esteem may make you think you are incapable of doing things and limit your actions.
When your opinion and beliefs about yourself are not strong enough, you think you are limited in what you can do in your life.
3 – You stay in your comfort zone.
You are afraid to take a risk and get out of your comfort zone. You believe you are not capable of handling new things, so you prefer to stay in your comfort zone.
4 – You think you have already learned everything.
You are not willing to learn new things because you think you have already learned everything you need to know.
With such a mindset, you close the opportunities to learn new things and find new beliefs that can overcome your limiting one.
5 – You have a poor list of accomplishments.
You did not accomplish many things in life, because probably you did not believe in yourself, and you were even afraid to try again after you failed.
6 – You don’t try new things.
You don’t believe in yourself to handle any new thing that comes your way.
7 – You have a low sense of resilience.
You let a mistake, setback, or failure discourage you from moving forward.
8 – You judge others for doing something differently than you.
You believe there is only one way to achieve a goal, and it is hard for you to accept other possible solutions.
9 – You believe opportunities around you are few.
You believe opportunities in this world are limited and they are not available for you.
Ask these questions
If you realize that you hold to a limiting belief, ask yourself these questions:
- Do I still need to stick to this limiting belief?
- Why do I want to keep this limiting belief?
- Which benefits do I get from holding this limiting belief, if any?
- Where does this limiting belief come from?
- Is this my own belief, or did someone else put it in my head?
- What is the opposite of this limiting belief?
- What brave decision do I need to make today to break this limiting belief?
- Why should I let this limiting belief affect my decisions and activities?
- Which action can I take now to go beyond this limiting belief?
- Is there anyone in the world who don’t hold this limiting belief?
- What positive changes will happen if I let go of this limiting belief?
- How would my life look like if I broke this limiting belief?
- What else is possible?
Asking these questions can improve your self-awareness about your limiting belief. They can also help you to break your limiting beliefs and shift to limitless.
Why do you need to let go of a limited mindset?
- Your energy is not stuck anymore.
- You don’t give up easily.
- You see mistakes as learning opportunities to grow more
If you want to shift from a limited mindset to a limitless one, read my article.
Stay tuned with me for more mindset & manifestation tips.
Watch my video to learn more about these 9 Signs You Have a Limited Mindset
You might be interested also in these articles: